October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and a popular restaurant in Northern Liberties is putting a spin on their drink menu to honor the important month.
Trent Bonney, Bar Manager at Añejo Philadelphia joined us on the show to tell us all about the drink menu, the special way he is honoring his mom, and how he is helping the cancer community through a fundraiser.
Special Pink Flight:
- Codigo 1530, Rosa – Rested one month in NAPA Cabernet French White Oak Barrels. Floral, Cherry, Cooked Agave
- Derechito, Rose Blanco – Rested for one month in Red Wine Barrels. Strawberry, Rasberry, Honey
- Calirosa, Rosa Blanco – Aged one month in Spanish Tempranilo French Oak Barrels. Red Apple, Oak, Cooked Agave
- Mezcal Convite, Una – Oaxacan Espadin Mezcal Abocado Con Grana Cochinila. Citrus, Herbal, Minerality.
- Trust the Process : Vago Elote Mezcal, Lime, Agave, Ancho Reyes Verde, Aperol, Bluecoat, Bitters, Vegan Foam
- Wild Flower: Ana Maria Joven Rose, Yuzu, Elderflower, Grapefruit, Frozen
- Trial and Error: Libelula Reposado, Lime, Agave, Watermelon Combier
- Porch Weather: Pisco Control C, Cinnamon Infused Anise Liqueur, Lime, Condensed Milk, Agave, Frozen
Bottomless Taco Tuesday’s Menu:
- Chicken Al Pastor – Al Pastor spices, pineapple, pickled onions, salsa verde
- Pork Carnitas – Confit pork shoulder, pickled onions, salsa verde, guacamole, cilantro
- Crispy Fish – Beer battered mahi-mahi, poblano slaw, lime aioli, flour tortilla
- Crispy Cauliflower – Pineapple arbol glaze, snap peas, pea shoots, lime aioli
- Shrimp – Crispy gulf shrimp, guacamole, pico de gallo, chipotle crema, cotija cheese
- Lamb Barbacoa – Adobo and chili marinated lamb shoulder, braised in negra modelo, canela and avocado leaf, salsa borracha (mezcal spiked), onions
Special Tacos of the Week:
- 10/10 – Plantain Crusted Mahi: Mahi topped with crispy garlic and pasilla aioli
- 10/17 – Tacos Arabe: shaved pork marinated in Middle Eastern spices and topped with a tomato guacamole
- 10/24 – Pollo Tinga Tacos: shredded chicken slow-cooked with chipotle and onion
- 10/31 – Chicken Asado: chicken roasted with achiote and served with a salsa of blistered peppers
Proceeds from the flights, cocktails, and tacos go towards supporting Cancer Support Community, Greater Philadelphia.
You can find out more information and make a reservation, here.