Earth Month is here, and a lot of us are looking for ways to live more eco-friendly and sustainably. Minimal Living expert Denaye Barahona joined us with some tips to live and shop sustainably during Earth Month and beyond.
A recent survey from online retailer Zulily found 94% of parents say being eco-friendly is important to them, but 85% feel they would benefit from having more guidance on how to reduce their environmental footprint as a family. Believe it or not, many kids think food originates in the grocery store. Take your kids on a trip to see farms and meet the people who grow the foods. They may even have a chance to pick their own fruits and vegetables. When we shop for local food, it’s easy to focus on buying what’s currently in season. The bonus is that buying food in season usually saves money too.
Zulily is an online retailer that helps moms around the world discover incredible deals and fresh style for themselves, their families and their homes. Every day they launch thousands of products at amazing values, curating personalized shopping experiences that include big name brands and boutique finds. You can learn more at Zulily.com.
Zulily launched its first ever Sustainability Shop today in honor of Earth month. The Shop is curated with eco-friendly products that make it easier for families to make small changes at home that have a big impact over time. Zulily is also making a $50,000 donation to help Conservation International plant up to 25,000 trees – and customers can help double that contribution!
Everything in Zulily’s Sustainability Shop is eco-friendly – you’ll know because they’ll feature a badge showing whether they’re Reusable, Recycled and/or Recognized.
Here are a few examples of Reusable products:
• HydroFlask’s insulated tumblers keep beverages ice cold for 24 hours or hot for up to 6 hours and come with a press-in lid you can sip out of, or you can switch it out for the reusable straw lid, offering an option to help keep plastic straws out of landfills.
• The Vita Print Bag from Chico Bags is great for shopping, travel, organization and is designed to replace single-use disposable bags. It fits into a travel pouch, so it’s easy to keep in your purse or pocket, so you’ll never be without a reusable bag.
• Bagpodz fit easily in a purse or your car’s cupholder and can hold enough reusable bags to carry a cartful of groceries. The bags are tough, water repellent, and fully washable. The material is 100% Bluesign certified – an eco-certification ensuring BagPodz are produced in the most eco-friendly way and there’s nothing harmful in the materials.
The shop also features products made from partially Recycled materials just like these smart finds:
• This fantastic travel duffel from Vera Bradley is lightweight and water repellent. If features sustainably sourced ReActive material made from 24 water bottles, so it’s also great for the environment.
• Speaking of, you’ll look good and feel good wearing these sunglasses from Blue Planet Eyewear which are made from recycled and natural materials, and come in plastic-free, recyclable packaging.
• For kids, check out these eco-friendly toys from Green Toys Inc. Both the Pink & Purple Dump Truck and The Pink Tea Set’s product and packaging are 100% made in the USA from recycled material like milk jugs and yogurt cups.
Visit Zulily.com for products like these and more