This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Clevemore Fancy Brigade was founded by Ralph Tursi, “the Godfather of Mummery”, in 1936. The club got its name from its original meeting place of Cleveland & Moore Streets in South Philadelphia. The club began parading in 1937.