Sunday football is back and game day eats are serious business! The Vesper Brothers had the PHL17 kitchen smelling delicious with their unique tailgate mashup: fennel meatball sandwiches.
The Vesper family has been in the food business for almost 40 years. Bill and John Vesper are known for their sauces which are 100% all-natural, no preservatives, no citric acid, no added sugar or sweeteners, vegan, gluten-free AND certified kosher!
Check out the full fennel meatballs recipe below!
1lb. Ground Pork
1lb. Ground Beef
1/2 cup Plain Bread Crumbs
2 tbs. Grated Pecorino Romano
2 tbs. Ricotta Cheese
1 tbs. Fennel Seeds
1 tbs. Salt
1 tbs. Onion Powder
1 tbs. Garlic Powder
1 tbs. Dry Basil
1 tsp. Black Pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl
- Mix thoroughly with your hands until completely incorporated
- Roll into golf ball size meatballs
- Cover the bottom of a large skillet with olive oil and canola oil
- Fry meatballs, turning occasionally, until browned on all sides
- Transfer meatballs to a saucepan and simmer in Vesper Bros. Food sauce!
For more information, click here!