The first annual Zombie Run 5K came to FDR Park in Philadelphia on April 7th. Close to 5,000 runners “ran for their lives” as over 200 “zombies” chased them through the course. “Life” were represented by red balloons tied to each runners belt. As runners traversed the course, the zombies would chase them and try to take their balloons. When you run out of balloons? You run out of life…(Zombie Run 5K Philly Photos below.)
If you are a fan of the undead, but not much of a runner? The Zombie Run was much more zombie than run. It celebrated zombie culture and was a really great collection of fans of the genre in all shapes, sizes and ages. The most popular zombie movies and tv shows were represented by fans in costumes and t-shirts. If I saw one Zombie Bill Murray, I saw a dozen– it was just that kind of awesome zombie crowd.
- PHOTOS: 2014 Easter Philly Zombie Crawl
- PHOTOS: Philly Zombie Prom 2013 at Trocadero
- PHOTOS: Zombie Beach Party at the Trocadero
- PHOTOS: Zombie Run Philadelphia 2013
- PHOTOS: Bonus Gallery Zombie Run Philly!
- PHOTOS: 2012 Zombie Prom at Trocadero
- PHOTOS: Six Flags Zombie Takeover
- PHOTOS: 2012 Zombie Beach Party
- PHOTOS: 2011 Zombie Beach Party