PHILADELPHIA, PA - Over the offseason, the Philadelphia Phillies enhanced their ballpark by adding a 13,000 square foot interactive kids' baseball experience at Citizens Bank Park.
They've named it "The Yard" and it's located in Ashburn Alley in right field.
- Citizens Bank Phan Field: A Wiffle ball field complete with a major-league-class dugout and MLB-quality padded outfield wall, as well as an AstroTurf-covered field that stretches 70-feet deep. This authentic play area resembles the Phillies big-league field, with the diamond-orientation featuring a unique mural of the City skyline. Framing that view is a scaled-down version of the team's PhanaVision scoreboard and the iconic Liberty Bell, both clearly visible from the centrally located dugout.
- Hatfield Phanatic Hot Dog Launcher: Just like the Phanatic on dollar dog nights, kids can test their marksmanship by aiming at targets on the wall and sending foam-frankfurters soaring.
- A 30-foot Phanatic Climbing Wall, gives fans (in harnesses) the chance to clamber around graphic depictions of Philadelphia's landmark buildings.
- A new Bullpen Speed Pitch: Fans can practice their pitches as well as measure their velocity with a radar gun.
- A new Turkey Hill Ice Cream Bar: The ultimate indulgence for any child or kid at heart, as well as kid-sized concessions! And for parents: The Backyard Bar, proudly serving fan-favorite beers, wines, cocktails and frozen drinks. New seating and standing-room areas are also nearby.
New Left Field Plaza enhancements salute Phillies history and provide fan photo ops. Plus, a new Boardwalk Eats features boardwalk-style concessions and Bull's BBQ is redesigned and relocated.
- In the Left Field Plaza, fans are able to take selfies with oversized Phillies' 2008 and 1980 World Series trophies, as well as large statues featuring the team's retired numbers: Richie Ashburn (1), Jim Bunning (14), Mike Schmidt (20), Steve Carlton (32), Robin Roberts (36) and Jackie Robinson (42). Phillies championship pennants are also on display, as well as the newly-relocated Phillies Wall of Fame presented by Toyota.
- The Left Field Plaza area also includes the new "Boardwalk Eats," featuring boardwalk-style concessions such as hot dogs, burgers and desserts. Nearby is the newly-relocated and re-designed Bull's BBQ, where fans can enjoy food fresh off an over-sized grill, as well as mingle with 1980 World Series Champion Greg "The Bull" Luzinski. New patio seating, accessed by a new stairwell, provides a great space to enjoy all the Boardwalk Eats.
What's new in ballpark eats?
- A new Turkey Hill Ice Cream Bar in The Yard: The ultimate indulgence for any child, as well as kid-sized concessions! And for parents: The Backyard Bar, serving fan-favorite beers, wines, cocktails and frozen drinks.
- New "Boardwalk Eats" in the Left Field Plaza, featuring boardwalk-style concessions including hot dogs, burgers and desserts.
- P.J. Whelihan's is a new partner in Ashburn Alley! A sample of their delightful pub classics will be offered to fans: boneless wings, loaded tater tots, Copper Lager and more.
- Taco Trio Takeover: The only thing better than one taco is three! This season, Aramark will serve signature Smoked Brisket Taco Triobehind Sections 120 & 135. The ingredients: house smoked brisket topped with jalapenos, cilantro crema, queso fresco and sliced radishes, in corn tortillas.
- New at Harry the K's! Crispy Chicken Sandwich - fried chicken topped with tomato bacon jam, roasted shaved brussels sprouts and Vermont white cheddar cheese on a brioche bun, and Vegan Cauliflower Cheesesteak - roasted cauliflower, poblano peppers, onions, vegan cheese on a vegan roll.
- Jane Dough Cookie Dough - Gourmet edible, small batch cookie dough, available with or without soft serve and toppings, behind Sections 110 and 142.