The court area is comprised of 2 full size NBA courts and 6 shooting baskets painted “Sixers Blue.”
The gym features two regulation-size basketball courts, ten baskets, and a 2,800-square-foot locker room.
Amenities of the complex include Coaches Offices, Players Video Room, Film and Press and Interview Room, Treatment Room, Locker Room, (Organic) Player Restaurant, Cardio and Weight Room, Therapy and Wellness Room, Recovery Room, Massage Room, Hydrotherapy Room (Includes a 40-foot lap pool with built-in hydraulics platform), formal entrance for Press and Sixers Executives, private, and a covered player parking and entrance.
The facility has been under construction since January of 2015 and was designed to be a 24/7 destination and innovative space for elite NBA and front office talent. The Training Complex was designed to support players’ physical and mental needs; allowing players to focus on everyday training of body and mind. It was designed to foster team building and unity, communication, innovation, and the spirit of competition.
- The basketball court area is comprised of 16,384 laid pieces of Maple Wood Athletic Flooring.
- The interior layout required 1,500 sheets of drywall and 22,500 screws.
- The exterior curtain wall elevations has a total of 135 16-foot-tall windows.
- 1,384 square yards of concrete were needed to pour just the first floor slab.
- The players’ locker room is 2,800 square feet.
- The Practice Facility is 66,230-square-feet; 20,480-square-feet of which is basketball court practice space.
- The court area is comprised of (2) full size NBA courts and (6) shooting baskets and painted “Sixers Blue”.
- Designed by architects Jacobs and MKDA; along with world-renowned facility specialists HOK.
- The Practice Facility is located at (address) “67 Front Street” in Camden, NJ; the 67 is a nod to the Sixers World Championship Season of 1967.
- The Sixers entire practice space in PCOM could fit on the courts alone in the new facility.
- The main entrance reception desk features wood flooring from the court on which Wilt Chamberlain famously shot his NBA record 100-point game.
- The practice facility features state of the art audio visual capabilities, a players’ lounge, a full kitchen (the “Virtua Kitchen”) staffed by new executive chef and private dining for players and their families.
- The facility broke ground on January 5, 2015 by Intech Construction; since then, more that have 60 different trades have worked on the construction.
- The Building is constructed of Precast Concrete, Curtain wall and a Metal Panel Wall Assembly.
- The Facility features a state-of-the-art hydrotherapy area that includes a cold plunge pool, a hot plunge pool, a resistance lap pool and a Hydroworks 2,000.
- The Hydroworks 2,000 is a specialty feature that includes a fully adjustable floor, variable speed treadmill and two (2) independently controlled variable speed resistance therapy jets; it allows for underwater filming.
- The North Elevation of the Building Features a 21’-diameter raised panel logo sign that is visible from the Ben Franklin Bridge.
- The West Elevation of the Building offers beautiful views of the Philadelphia Skyline.