Summer is over, but mosquitoes are still in full force. Beth Allen of DIY Hip Chicks shares a homemade remedy that will get rid of those pesky mosquitoes and get this — it only takes three ingredients, all of which cost less than three dollars! Check out this affordable but effective DIY that will get those pests to buzz off once and for all.
Homemade Mosquito Trap:
1) Cut a two liter soda bottle in half.
2) Mix a quarter (1/4) cup of brown sugar with one cup of hot tap water. Let it cool.
3) Pour the brown sugar water into the bottom half of the soda bottle.
4) Add two pinches of yeast and put the top of the jar on top.
5) Keep the seams of the bottle halves together with duct tape.
6) Place the mosquito trap in a remote center of the yard.
7) Change the solution every two weeks.
To see a video tutorial, please watch the video above. For more DIY’s, visit www.diyhipchicks.com.
Tune into Eye Opener weekdays from 6-8am, and be sure to check out our Pinterest Board for more DIY’s!